Friday, November 26, 2010

IS THERE ALWAYS ANOTHER EXPLANATION OR ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW?




In my opinion, human beings are prone to pessimism as a notion for life. We are either always too scraed to try out a new thing or we assume it to be too difficult. but a question will haunt us forever: "What if?" My opinion is of the general human population but ofcourse there are exceptions. As there are exceptions to my opinion, there are always alternate explanations or another point of view to a particular situation. A cliche` wedding vow would be "Do you take Mr. X as your lawfully wedded husband for better or for worse...?" The sanctity of a marriage lies in "for better or for worse". A marriage is supposed to be felicious. If two people are in love, thye should live "happily ever after", right? If it is so then, there should have been a dearth of divorces where as we see an increase in the number of divorces everyday. If two people are in love they may live happiluy together. However, theres also a possibility that they would not.
Last year everybody I know, wanted me to take the SAT exam and apply to USA. I did not listen to anyone because i had my own plan. Little did i know, my life did not turn out to be as picture-perfect as i had imagined it to be. My plan was either Aga Khan University(AKU) or Lahore School of Management Sciences (LUMS). I thought i would get in atleast one of them if not both. I was not accepted by either one of them. Had i given SAT, i might have been sitting in USA. So, my life turned out to be the complete opposite of what i had aspired it to be. Bieng a student of a low grade government college was never my plan but yes, it was an alternative to my academic dreams.
If everything could be according to plan, then Pakistan might never have emerged on the world map since it was not in the British plan. America, in an "according to plan" scenario should have won the Vietnam war as guerrilla war fare was not a part of the strategy. Steve Jobs, the creatoor and owner of "Apple", never graduated. After he got kicked out of college, who could have thought that he would end up as a multi-millionaire, but he did!
Sometimes, you meticulously think through your chances of success to be 95% but the 5% chance of failure wins. On the other hand you may consider yourself unworthy of acheivement but your goal may be awaiting your will. We choose an approach hoping it to be in our favour. The approach will always have an alternate which we either ignored or will never find out.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger